Address: Beamish Museum, Beamish, County Durham, DH9 0RG
Phone Number: 0191 370 4000
Opening Hours: Current opening times.
The Beamish Museum is a 300 acre, open air living museum recreating life in the North East from Georgian, Victorian and Edwardian times.
The attraction recreates a microcosm of various sections of life including a pre-first world war market town, a colliery complete with adjacent pit village, Pockerly Old Hall is the house of a wealthy farmer from the early 1800’s, Home farm is a well run Victorian farm, the Pockerly Waggonway is an 1800’s train line running through a Georgian country landscape and then there is a Georgian railway network running replica steam locomotives connecting the different communities.
The communities include features such as recreated (many original) building, shops, schools, train stations, farm building, equipment and farm animals plus gardens and fields, all being used and inhabited by the costumed ‘residents’ going about their daily activities. In addition to the train ride there are also vintage tram and bus rides to transport you around the site.
- Free car parking.
- The Beamish Gift Shop sells souvenirs.
- Jubilee Confectionery sells traditionally made sweets.
- Dainty Dinah Tea Rooms.
- The Pitmans Pantry serving snacks.
- Davy’s Coal Fired fish and chip shop serves fish and chips fried in beef dripping.
- The Cart Shed serving snacks.
- The licensed Sun Inn public house serving drinks.
- Entrance Coffee Shop.
- Dogs welcome on a lead.
- 6th April to 29th October: Open daily – 10am to 5pm
- 30th October 2017 to 23rd March 2018: Open daily – 10am to 4pm
- Closed: Christmas Day, Boxing Day, New Year’s Day and Mondays & Fridays from 8th Jan to 9th Feb
Ticket Prices – Beamish Unlimited:
- Under 5 – Free
- Adult Ticket – £19.00
- Child (5 to 16 years) – £11.00
- Senior (60 years +) – £14.00
- Student – £14.00
- Family (1 Adult + 2 Children) – £35.50
- Family (2 Adults + 2 Children) – £49.50
- Family (2 Adults + 1 Child) – £43.50
- Unlimited Tickets are not valid for Evening Events
Prices and opening hours correct as at September 2017.
Before you start your journey to Beamish Museum for your day out, we recommend that you check their website or contact them to confirm opening times and admission prices.