British Schools Museum is a history museum about children’s education and childhood in Hitchin in Hertfordshire.
Located in a Grade II listed building that was used to educate poor children in the early 1800s this museum will inform visitors about education and childhood in various eras. There is the Headmaster’s House set in the Victorian era, Edwardian classrooms, a Monitorial schoolroom, a gallery classroom plus an Exhibition room and the Discovery room.
- Pay and display car park approximately 200 metres away.
- Gift shop.
- Open from Friday the 17th of February.
- Fridays: 10am – 4pm
- Saturdays: 10am – 1pm
- Sundays: 2pm – 5pm
- Last entry is 30 minutes before closing time.
- Adults – £4.50
- Children (between 5 and 17) – £2.50
- Children (under 5s) – Free
- Discounts are available for family groups.
Prices and opening hours correct as at January 2017.
Before you start your journey to British Schools Museum for your day out, we recommend that you check their website or contact them to confirm opening times and admission prices.