Address: Burghley House, Stamford, Lincolnshire, PE9 3JY
Phone Number: 01780 752451
Opening Hours: Current opening times.
Burghley House is an Elizabethan mansion with gardens and parkland just outside Stamford in Lincolnshire.
Built in the late 1500’s this Tudor mansion features opulent state rooms adorned with collections of artwork, period furniture and decorative ornaments. Some of the areas of particular interest are the Heaven room and the Hell staircase with ceiling and wall murals painted in the late 1600’s depicting scenes from Heaven and Hell. There is also the Tudor old kitchen to see with a collection of pots, pans and utensils from the 18th and 19th centuries. Guided tours for groups, by prior arrangement, for an additional fee. The Treasury is an exhibition space which displays a changing selection of items belonging to the house.
The gardens include a 13 acre contemporary sculpture garden, the Garden of Surprises, a Rose garden, a mirrored maze, lots of water features, a moss house and the South gardens with topiary, lime trees and yew hedges. The Capability Brown parkland includes a lake and is home to an ancient herd of deer.
- Free car parking.
- Courtyard Shop selling food, accessories, jewellery, books and gifts. (open 11am to 4pm Wednesdays to Sundays).
- Garden shop sells gardening items, plants, toys and souvenirs.
- Orangery restaurant serving meals, homemade cakes and beverages.
- Garden Cafe hot and cold snacks and drinks.
- Dogs welcome on a lead in parkland.
Opening Times & Ticket Prices:
- Please visit the Burghley House website for opening times and prices.
Before you start your journey to Burghley House for your day out, we recommend that you check their website or contact them to confirm opening times and admission prices.