Address: Castle Ashby Gardens, Castle Ashby, Northampton, NN7 1LQ
Phone Number: 01604 695 200
Opening Hours: Current opening times.
Castle Ashby Gardens are the pleasure gardens of a historic house located between Northampton and Bedford in Northamptonshire.
This outdoor attraction forms part of the 10,000 acre estate of a 16th century castle which is the family seat of the Marquess of Northampton. Areas of the gardens include the Maltese Cross garden forming the shape of a Maltese cross and planted with silver, blue and white flowering plants, the butterfly garden with Buddleia bushes and other butterfly and insect attracting plants, the scented secret garden with lavender, roses and jasmine, the Italian gardens and a 19th century orangery with large fish pond. There’s also a Fuschia house, the rainbow border and the Spring walk which leads down to the arboretum which was laid out in the 1800s featuring mature trees and shrubs next to lakes and parkland.
To interest younger visitors there is also a farmyard area with farm animals plus meerkats, rabbits, guinea pigs and ponies and there’s also a children’s play area.
- Car parking.
- Gardens gift shop selling gardening items, homewares, gifts, toys and souvenirs.
- Plant centre selling locally grown plants.
- Walled garden tea room serving hot and cold snacks, cakes and drinks.
- Dogs allowed on a lead in the gardens and off the lead in the arboretum.
- Gardens: 1st Apr to 30th Sept 10am – 5:30pm, 1st Oct to 31st Mar 10am – 4:30pm
- Walled Garden Tea Room: 24th Mar to 31st Oct 10:30am – 4:00pm
- Menagerie: 25th Mar to 30th Sept 10am – 4pm
Ticket Prices – Mar to 30th Sept:
- Adults – £5.50
- OAP (and children over 12’s) – £5
- Children (under 12) – Free
- Family ticket (2 adults and 2 children) – £18
- Season ticket (admits up to 4 adults and includes 10% discount on all plant sales) – £65
- Disabled visitors receive 50% discount off admission prices
Ticket Prices – Oct to Mar:
- During winter they operate a pay and display parking system of £4.00 per car.
- This includes the entry fee to the gardens.
- During this time the plant centre, tea room, shop, menagerie and toilets are closed.
- Excludes events.
Prices and opening hours correct as at June 2016.
Before you start your journey to Castle Ashby Gardens for your day out, we recommend that you check their website or contact them to confirm opening times and admission prices.