Address: Cleeve Abbey, Abbey Road, Washford, Watchet, Somerset, TA23 0PS
Phone Number: 01984 640377
Opening Hours: Current opening times.
English Heritage Membership: Access to over 400 places & kids go FREE.
Cleeve Abbey is a collection of historic Cistercian abbey buildings near Washford in Somerset.
The main church building is no longer present as it was destroyed during Henry VIII’s dissolution of the monasteries in the 16th century. What remains are associated cloister buildings including the refectory, gatehouse, chapter house, warming room, cloister and dormitory with some parts of the buildings dating to back to the 13th century. Some of the things to see include the wall paintings, carved wooden roofs, arched windows and decorated tiling. There is an exhibition about the history of the abbey, the life of the monks and a display of artefacts found on the site plus another about the wall paintings and tiling at the abbey with a video presentation.
- Shop selling souvenirs, gifts, snacks and ice cream.
- Vending machine in shop selling hot drinks.
- Small free car park nearby.
- Picnic benches.
- Dogs welcome on leads in grounds.
- Mar 25th to June 30th 2016: Daily 10am to 5pm
- July 1st to Aug 31st: Daily 10am to 6pm
- Sept 1st to Oct 31st: Daily 10am to 5pm
- Nov 1st 2016 to Mar 31st 2017: Closed
Ticket Prices (without gift aid):
- Member – Free
- Adult – £5.00
- Child (5-15 years) – £3.00
- Concession – £4.50
- Family (2 adults and up to 3 children) – £13.00
Prices and opening hours correct as at June 2016.
Before you start your journey to Cleeve Abbey for your day out, we recommend that you check their website or contact them to confirm opening times and admission prices.