Address: Conkers, Rawdon Road, nr Swadlincote, Derbyshire, DE12 6GA
Phone Number: 01283 216633
Opening Hours: Current opening times.
Conkers is located at the Discovery visitor centre in the 120 acre National Forest and has over a 100 indoor interactive exhibits for families with kids.
Located just 5 miles from junction 11 of the M42 the National Forest comprises woodland, lakes and ponds and two visitor centres Waterside and the Discovery Centre. The Conkers attraction includes activities such as simulated treetop walk, rope walkways and caves.
In the wider park the other visitor center, Waterside, has a 3 storey indoor kids activity play centre for which there is an additional charge. Some of the activities you take part in in the forest include archery, kayaking, laser clay pigeon shooting, pedal go karts, an assault course, tree top adventure, climb a viewing tower and orienteering, some of which need to be pre-booked. There is also the Playdale outdoor adventure park for children and the Conkerchoo II is a train ride which runs between the Discovery centre and the Waterside Centre. The Waterside centre also features regular live shows in their covered amphitheatre and there are also lots of woodland trails you can walk.
- Free car parking.
- Trading Post gift shop.
- Conkers Discovery Olive Tree restaurant is licensed and serves hot meals and snacks.
- Fully licensed Waters Egde Grill serves hot meals and afternoon teas and overlooks the lake.
- Galley restaurant at Waterside serves hot meals and a carvery on Sundays.
- Starbucks coffee lounge.
- Billy Bonkers BBQ Shack serving BBQ food (Summer months only).
- Whistle Stop kiosk and Forest Dwellers kiosk serving snacks.
- Picnic areas.
- Open year round apart from Christmas Day and Boxing Day
- 1st Apr to 1st Oct: 10am – 6pm
- 2nd Oct to 31st Mar: 10am – 5pm
Ticket Prices – Standard:
- Adult – £9.05
- Child – £8.14
- Child (0 – 2yrs) – FREE
- Concessions – £7.51
Prices and opening hours correct as at September 2017.
Before you start your journey to Conkers for your day out, we recommend that you check their website or contact them to confirm opening times and admission prices.