Address: Cotehele, St Dominick, near Saltash, Cornwall, PL12 6TA
Phone Number: 01579 351346
Opening Hours: Current opening times.
National Trust Membership: FREE entry to over 500 places & free parking.
Cotehele is a Tudor house with gallery, gardens, quay and 1,300-acre estate near Saltash in Cornwall.
The Tudor, stone built, fortified manor house near the river Tamar has collections of arms and armour, pewter, textiles, tapestries, oak furniture and brass. There is also the Cotehele Gallery to see which displays works of art created by West Country artists.
The gardens feature formal gardens with terraces, a wild valley garden, two orchards, a medieval stewpond and walks down to the Tamar. Things to see in the gardens include a 16th century dovecote in the garden, a Victorian summer-house and the Chapel in the Wood.
The Quay area on the river Tamar has a working watermill (separate entry fees), a visitor centre for the estate and the Shamrock sailing barge on the banks of the Tamar. Children’s play area at the Quay.
- Free car parking.
- Free entry to estate.
- Shop selling gifts and homewares.
- Garden shop selling plants and gardening items.
- Second hand bookshop.
- Artwork available for sale from the Cotehele Gallery.
- The Barn Restaurant serving hot meals, snacks and drinks.
- The Edgcumbe tea-room serving cream teas, light lunches, snacks and afternoon teas.
- Dogs welcome in estate, quay and mill grounds.
- Picnic areas at the Quay and in the gardens.
Opening Times & Ticket Prices:
- Please visit the Cotehele website for opening times and prices.
Before you start your journey to Cotehele for your day out, we recommend that you check their website or contact them to confirm opening times and admission prices.