Address: Crich Tramway Village, nr Matlock, Derbyshire, DE4 5DP
Phone Number: 01773 854321
Opening Hours: Current opening times.
Crich Tramway Village is a visitor attraction with vintage tram rides through a recreation of a period village with shops and restaurants plus lots of other things to see and do.
The period village features authentic buildings and street furniture rescued from other locations around the UK. Museum exhibits on display include the George Stephenson Discovery Centre with a history of trams exhibition, the Derby Assembly rooms features information about modern tram systems, the Exhibition Hall contains the journey through a 100 years of trams exhibit and there is the Peak mines display, a small museum about Peak District mining (open at weekends).
Other activities on offer include unlimited tram rides, a woodland walk and sculpture trail, the Discovery Depot: a huge indoor children’s play area, an outdoor adventure playground, an historic tram collection to view, the workshop viewing gallery. There are also children’s backpacks suitable for 3 to 8 year olds available to borrow from reception.
- Rita’s tea room serves hot meals plus teas, coffees and cake.
- The Red Lion Pub and Upper Deck Restaurant serves local ales plus meals, snacks and a carvery on Sundays, in the restaurant.
- Barnett’s old fashioned sweetshop selling traditional sweets and confectionery.
- Fredrick’s Ice Cream Parlour serves snacks and locally produced ice creams.
- Car parking.
- Scothern and Williamson gift shop.
- Picnic areas.
- Dogs welcome on short leads.
Before you start your journey to Crich Tramway Village for your day out, we recommend that you check their website or contact them to confirm opening times and admission prices.