Drusillas Park is a walk-through zoo with additional children’s play attractions near Alfriston in East Sussex.
The Zoo has a range of exotic animals and farm animals including pandas, monkeys, penguins, foxes, meerkats, lemurs, servals, sloths, tamarins, bats, capybara, gibbons, beavers, prairie dogs, otters, owls, alpacas, coatis, mongoose, porcupines, snakes, lizards and llamas. Amongst the enclosures is lory landing where you can buy nectar pots to feed the lorikeets and a bat cave. The animal exhibit areas are designed to be education and interactive with talking telescopes, informational flip facts and listening posts, plus there’s also the farmyard milking experience, the Zoolympics Challenge area, the Maasai exhibit replica Maasai house and a Discovery centre with education exhibits. There are also daily scheduled talks and feeds.
The children’s play areas include Go Wild, an outdoor African themed adventure play area for children aged 7 to 12 with swings, slides, helter skelter and climbing equipment. Go Bananas is an outdoor jungle themed play area for children aged 6 years and under, with swings, playhouse, slides and trampoline. Amazon Adventure is the 300 square metre, heated and air conditioned, indoor soft play area with play frames for different age groups with slides, walkways, things to climb and cannon blasters. Other outdoor attractions include Thomas the Tank Engine train rides, Eden’s Eye maze which is an interactive ancient temple ruins themed maze and the Explorers Lagoon paddling pool. There are also some additional charge activities including Panning for gold, Dino dig, Penguin plunge, Vertical limit climbing wall and a shooting gallery. Keeper experiences available and they also cater for children’s birthday parties.
- Free car parking.
- Shops selling gifts, toys, sweets and souvenirs.
- Explorers Café serving meals, snacks and drinks.
- Oasis Cafe serving fast food, snacks and drinks.
- Amazon Adventure Cafe serves snacks and drinks.
- The Station Buffet serves donuts, waffles and ice creams.
- Open every day of the year except Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and Boxing Day.
- Summer Opening (BST): 10am – 6pm with last admission at 5pm. Car Park closes at 6:15pm.
- Winter Opening (GMT): 10am – 5pm with last admission at 4pm. Car Park closes at 5:15pm.
- Please check the Drusillas Park website for admission cost as ticket prices vary.
Prices and opening hours correct as at December 2017.
Before you start your journey to Drusillas Park for your day out, we recommend that you check their website or contact them to confirm opening times and admission prices.