Address: Durham University Botanic Garden, Hollingside Lane, South Road, Durham City, DH1 3TN
Phone Number: 0191 33 45521
Opening Hours: Current opening times.
Nearby Attractions: View more days out nearby.
Durham University Botanic Garden is a garden in Durham city in the county of Durham.
This 25 acre outdoor attraction is maintained organically consists of woodland gardens, glasshouses including a desert environment and a rainforest house, alpine garden, pond garden, wildflower meadow, Japanese garden, Himalayan dell, wildlife areas and a collection of modern art. There is also a small flock of rare breed sheep.
- Free park and ride facilities plus small car park at the attraction.
- Gift shop selling gardening items, home wares, toys and souvenirs.
- Coffee shop serving light snacks, cakes and drinks.
- Picnic tables.
- 10am to 5pm from 1st March to 31st October.
- 10am to 4pm from 1st November to end of February (closed over Christmas).
- Open on Bank Holidays and Easter Sunday.
- Adults – £4.00
- Concession – £3.00
- Students/Children (over 5) – £1.50
- Infants – FREE
- Carers – FREE
- Durham University Campus Card holders – FREE
Prices and opening hours correct as at February 2017.
Before you start your journey to Durham University Botanic Garden for your day out, we recommend that you check their website or contact them to confirm opening times and admission prices.