Eden Camp Modern History Theme Museum is a museum about wartime life on the outskirts of Malton in North Yorkshire.
Set in the grounds of an original World War Two prisoner of war camp this attraction has both indoor and outdoor exhibits and is one of the largest museums of it’s type. The topics are related mainly to the people and their lives during World War II, both military and civilian. There are also areas about World War I, the in-between wars period and more recent conflicts.
The attraction consists of recreated scenes with animatronics and accompanying sounds and smells to allow visitors to experience those periods in time, plus information displays and exhibits. Amongst the items on display are clothing (both military and civilian), memorabilia, posters, photographs, weapons, maps and vehicles. There is also a children’s play area.
- Free on-site parking.
- Gift shop selling gifts, souvenirs and models.
- Licensed bar.
- The Prisoners’ Canteen and Officers’ Mess serving hot meals, snacks, desserts and hot and cold beverages.
- Indoor and outdoor picnic areas.
- Fully wheelchair accessible.
- Dogs allowed on lead (apart from cafe, shop and kids play area).
- Open daily 10am – 5pm
- Last admission 4pm
- Closed for a short time over the Christmas period.
- Adults – £7.00
- Children – £6.00
- Senior Citizens – £6.00
Prices and opening hours correct as at June 2016.
Before you start your journey to Eden Camp Modern History Theme Museum for your day out, we recommend that you check their website or contact them to confirm opening times and admission prices.