Gallery of Costume is an attraction in Manchester displaying collections of clothes both modern and historical.
Displaying items from one of the largest costume collections in the UK the attraction is housed in a Grade II listed Georgian house which was an 18th century textile merchant’s home. There are both male and female clothes ranging from items dating back to the 17th century through to modern day items. Examples of some of the exhibition themes include sports wear, underwear, work clothes, designer clothes and clothes which have blurred the gender differences.
- Shop selling gifts and books.
- Cafe selling drinks and snacks.
- Free WiFi.
- Monday to Sunday: 10am – 5pm, including bank holiday Mondays
- Late night opening on Thursday until 9pm
- See the Gallery of Costume website for Christmas opening hours
- Admission free.
Prices and opening hours correct as at December 2017.
Before you start your journey to Gallery of Costume for your day out, we recommend that you check their website or contact them to confirm opening times and admission prices.