Geevor Tin Mine is a tin mine with buildings and museum in the village of Pendeen, near Penzance in Cornwall.
This attraction covers 2 acres and consists of a 20th century tin Mine and more than twenty mine buildings to explore including a processing mill, drill shop, the winder and compressor houses and a working water wheel. The underground parts are viewed with a guide at selected intervals.
There is also the Hard Rock Museum which has collections of historical objects, tools, rocks and minerals, photographs and maps on display and includes interactive exhibits like the panning for gold and minerals activity. Children’s playground. Wildlife trail along the cliff path.
- Free car parking.
- Geevor Shop selling books, minerals, jewellery, clothing and souvenirs.
- Count House Cafe serves light lunches, snacks, cakes and drinks.
- Geevor Tin Mine is open Sunday to Friday. Closed Saturdays.
- From April: Open 9am – 5pm
- November to March: Open 9am – 4pm
- Last admission 1 hour prior to closing.
- Adult – £13.95
- Museum Only – £10.75
- Child (4yrs and over) – £8.00
- Child (under 4yrs) – Free
- Student – £8.00
- Senior Citizen – £12.00
- Family Ticket (2 adults and up to 3 children) – £42.95
Prices and opening hours correct as at April 2017.
Before you start your journey to Geevor Tin Mine for your day out, we recommend that you check their website or contact them to confirm opening times and admission prices.