Highdown Gardens are 8 and a half acres of gardens near Worthing in West Sussex.
These gardens are located in downland countryside that was once a chalk pit and overlook the sea. The garden feature a unique collection of plants, shrubs and trees from around the world that are able to thrive with these difficult soil conditions. Areas include a herb garden, cave pond, bamboo pond, hellebore bank, rose garden, beech wood and fig border.
- Car parking.
- Picnic area.
- January: Monday to Friday 10am – 4pm
- February to March: Monday to Friday 10am – 4:30pm
- April to September: Monday to Sunday 10am – 6pm
- October to November: Monday to Friday 10am – 4:30pm
- December: Monday to Friday 10am – 4pm
- Last admission to the Gardens will be 30 minutes before closing time.
- Free of charge, but they do welcome donations.
Prices and opening hours correct as at February 2017.
Before you start your journey to Highdown Gardens for your day out, we recommend that you check their website or contact them to confirm opening times and admission prices.