Leighton Hall is a historic house with gardens and parkland located near Warton in Lancashire.
This country house is the historic home of the Gillow family, a family with a history of cabinet making. The hall is set in within an area of outstanding natural beauty and has a history dating back to the 13th century. It was largely rebuilt in the 1700’s and refaced in Gothic style in the 1800s. The house is still in use by the family and features a number of items of Gillow furniture, a collection of artwork, panelled rooms and a chapel. Tours available for groups for an additional fee.
The estate covers 1,550 acres and includes landscaped parkland, woodland and formal gardens. For children there is a Caterpillar maze and children’s dens with swings and sandpits. The formal gardens include a 19th century walled garden, herbaceous borders, ornamental vegetable plot, herb bed and a Victorian conservatory. There are also daily, bird of prey, flying displays at 3:30pm (weather permitting).
- Free car parking.
- Gift shop.
- Plant sales.
- Tea room serving drinks, snacks, home-made cakes and afternoon teas.
- Dogs welcome on leads in the park.
- Open May to Sept 2 – 5pm Tuesday to Friday (also Bank Holiday Sunday & Monday).
- Open on Sundays in August.
- Pre booked groups of 25 or more are welcome all year round.
- Adults – £9.00
- Children (5 – 12 years) – £5.50
- Senior Citizens and Students – £7.95
- Garden Only – £4.95
- Family Ticket – £28.00
- Adult Group – £7.00
Prices and opening hours correct as at December 2017.
Before you start your journey to Leighton Hall for your day out, we recommend that you check their website or contact them to confirm opening times and admission prices.