Address: Manchester Cathedral, Victoria Street, Manchester, M3 1SX
Phone Number: 0161 833 2220
Opening Hours: Current opening times.
Manchester Cathedral is a historical cathedral located in Manchester city centre.
This religious building is a church of the Anglican faith, which dates from Medieval times, but had renovations during the 19th century. Things to see in and around the church include the angel stone carving dating from Saxon times, 16th century wooden carvings underneath the Quire stalls, gargoyles and stone carvings of musical angels, colourful stained glass windows and a golden statue of Madonna. There is also part of a Medieval bridge to see in the Visitor centre. Guided tours occur weekdays at 11am and 2:30pm, Saturdays at 1pm and Sundays at 2:30pm. Rucksack activity packs available for children.
- Free entry attraction (donations welcome).
- Use nearby car parks (charge).
- St Denys’ Bookshop sells theological books and church supplies.
- Proper Tea tea rooms serves fresh homemade meals, delicious hand crafted cakes, snacks and speciality loose leaf teas.
Opening Times & Ticket Prices:
- Please visit the Manchester Cathedral website for opening times and prices.
Before you start your journey to Manchester Cathedral for your day out, we recommend that you check their website or contact them to confirm opening times and admission prices.