Address: Monkwearmouth Station Museum, North Bridge Street, Sunderland, SR5 1AP
Phone Number: 0191 567 7075
Monkwearmouth Station Museum is a transport museum in Sunderland, Tyne and Wear.
This attraction is housed in a grade II listed Victorian railway station building which retains many of it’s original features including ticket booths and shuttered windows. The museum contains exhibits relating to the station and transport in general. The Wagon shed houses two restored early 20th century railway wagons, the Journey gallery has displays about taking journeys, there’s a recreated 1860’s booking office and on the Platform Gallery visitors can see the train line running alongside the station to watch the modern-day trains going by. There is also a children’s gallery with a play train, dressing up box and transport related toys and books.
- A small number of parking spaces at the museum, otherwise use nearby car parks.
- Shop selling transport themed books, toys, gifts and souvenirs.
- Hot and cold drinks available.
- Monday to Saturday: 10am – 5pm
- Sunday: 2pm – 5pm
- Please check the Monkwearmouth Station Museum website for ticket prices.
Prices and opening hours correct as at January 2017.
Before you start your journey to Monkwearmouth Station Museum for your day out, we recommend that you check their website or contact them to confirm opening times and admission prices.