Address: Orford Museum, Orford Castle, Orford, Suffolk, IP12 2ND
Phone Number: 01394 450472
Opening Hours: Current opening times.
Orford Museum is a local history museum sited in the upper hall of the 12th century Orford castle.
The castle is located in the port of Orford on the Suffolk coast overlooking the river Ore. The museum contains an exhibit about Orford castle and it’s history. Other items on display include photographs, drawings, maps, clothes and regalia from the borough’s history and local archaeological finds such as coins, jewellery, pottery and bronze age implements. The castle is run by English Heritage and if you are a member you can gain access for free.
- Small free car park. Additional pay and display parking at the quay.
- The museum is free to enter, but you have to pay to gain entry to the castle.
- Castle shop selling souvenirs, crisps, ice creams and sweets.
- Vending machine with hot drinks.
- Picnics welcome in castle grounds.
Open daily from 10am April to October and weekends during Winter months.
Before you start your journey to Orford Museum for your day out, we recommend that you check their website or contact them to confirm opening times and admission prices.