Address: Portland Castle, Liberty Road, Castletown, Dorset, DT5 1AZ
Phone Number: 01305 820539
Opening Hours: Current opening times.
English Heritage Membership: Access to over 400 places & kids go FREE.
Nearby Attractions: View more days out nearby.
Portland Castle is a coastal fort built during the 16th century by Henry VIII and located on the island of Portland overlooking Portland harbour.
The castle includes an armoury, gun platforms, canons and a Tudor kitchen. There is also a garden called the Governor’s garden created by English Heritage which features an amphitheatre where visitors can look out over the sea. Audio tour included in entrance fee.
- Free car parking.
- Gift shop selling souvenirs.
- Captain’s Tearoom serving cream teas and snacks.
- Picnic benches for your own picnics.
- Please check the Portland Castle website for opening hours.
Ticket Prices – Without Gift Aid:
- Member – Free
- Adult – £5.70
- Child (5-15 years) – £3.40
- Concession – £5.10
- Family (Two adults and up to three children) – £14.80
Prices and opening hours correct as at August 2017.
Before you start your journey to Portland Castle for your day out, we recommend that you check their website or contact them to confirm opening times and admission prices.