Address: Skidby Mill, Skidby, Cottingham, East Riding of Yorkshire, HU16 5TF
Phone Number: 01482 848405
Opening Hours: Current opening times.
Skidby Mill is a working historic windmill and museum in Skidby near Hull in East Yorkshire.
The current, grade II listed, mill dates from the early 1800s and is set on an acre plot. The attraction consists of the mill and the Museum of East Riding Rural Life which is housed in the mill’s outbuildings. The museum has two galleries, one is about the agricultural history of the East Riding area and the second gallery about the history of rural village life in the area. There is also a changing exhibition space and exhibits about how the mill works and it’s restoration. The wind mill is normally in operation Wednesday to Sunday (wind and staff permitting). Packs to borrow for families with children (deposit required). There is also a wildlife garden.
- Free car parking.
- Shop selling gifts, toys, books and flour.
- Sails Café serves breakfasts, light meals, snacks, afternoon teas and beverages. (open Tuesday to Sunday).
- Free WiFi in the cafe.
- Picnic area.
- Monday to Thursday: 10am – 5pm (last admission 4:15pm).
- Friday: 10am – 4:30pm (last admission 3:45pm).
- Saturday & Sunday: 10am – 5pm (last admission 4:15pm).
- Lunchtime closing is 12:30 – 1pm every day.
- Adults – £2.50
- Concessions – £1.50
- Children (over 5) – £1.25
- Children (under 5) – Free
Prices and opening hours correct as at January 2017.
Before you start your journey to Skidby Mill for your day out, we recommend that you check their website or contact them to confirm opening times and admission prices.