Address: Southsea Castle, Clarence Esplanade, Southsea, Hampshire, PO5 3PA
Phone Number: 023 9284 1625
Opening Hours: Current opening times.
Southsea Castle is one of the fortifications built during the reign of Henry VIII, in 1544, and is located on the southern end of Portsea island.
The Mary Rose sank offshore near the castle not long after it was finished. The castle guards the entrance to Portsmouth harbour and today looks more or less like it would have done during the 1800’s. Things to see at the castle include a range of cannons, displays in the Keep about the military history of the Castle, a reconstruction of a Tudor gunport scene and an audio-visual show.
- Car Parking.
- Free admission attraction.
- Yellow Kite Café serving locally-sourced food.
- Open Tuesday 21st Mar – Sunday 29th Oct 2017
- Tuesday to Sunday, and Bank Holiday Mondays: 10am – 5pm
- Closed on Mondays (except for Bank Holidays).
- FREE admission for all visitors.
Prices and opening hours correct as at September 2017.
Before you start your journey to Southsea Castle for your day out, we recommend that you check their website or contact them to confirm opening times and admission prices.