Address: St Mawes Castle, Castle Drive, St Mawes, Nr Truro, Cornwall, TR2 5DE
Phone Number: 01326 270526
Opening Hours: Current opening times.
English Heritage Membership: Access to over 400 places & kids go FREE.
St Mawes castle overlooks the Fal estuary towards Falmouth and is of the best preserved coastal fortifications put in place by Henry VIII during the 16th century.
The castle consists of a central round tower surrounded by three round bastions and resembles a clover-leaf from the air. The grounds contain some cultivated areas and some lawned areas which run right down to the waters edge. Things to see include the gun room complete with cannons and stunning sea views. Free audio tour available.
- Car parking (charge refunded on entry).
- Gift shop selling English Heritage souvenirs and snacks.
- Vending machine dispensing hot drinks.
- Dogs welcome on lead in grounds.
- Picnics welcome on grassy areas.
- Please check the St Mawes Castle wesite for opening hours.
Ticket Prices – Without Gift Aid:
- Member – Free
- Adult – £5.40
- Child (5-15 years) – £3.20
- Concession – £4.90
- Family (Two adults and up to three children) – £14.00
Prices and opening hours correct as at August 2017.
Before you start your journey to St Mawes Castle for your day out, we recommend that you check their website or contact them to confirm opening times and admission prices.