The Keep Military Museum is a museum about the Devonshire and Dorset military regiments, West of Dorchester town centre in Dorset.
The museum has three floors of exhibits with artefacts, weapons, uniforms, medals, photographs, maps, computer displays, informational displays and personal stories. There is information about the origins of current regiments in Dorset and Devonshire and the military actions they were involved in such as the World War I Gallipoli campaign and the World War II Battle of the Somme.
- Small free car park.
- Museum shop selling books, DVDs and souvenirs.
Opening Times – Summer:
- Summer (1st April – 30th September inclusive).
- Monday to Saturday: 10am – 5pm
- Closed: Sundays
- Bank Holiday Monday: 10:30am – 4pm
Opening Times – Winter:
- 1st October to 31st October: Monday to Friday 10am – 4:30pm
- 1st November to 31st March: Tuesday to Friday 10am – 4:30pm
- Open Monday and Saturday during all local half terms.
- Closed over Christmas and New Year 22nd December – 9th January inclusive.
- Adult – £7.00
- Over 60 – £5.50
- Child 5-16 years – £2.50
- Family (2 adults & up to 3 children) – £15.00
- Full-Time Student (with valid ID) – £4.00
- Under 5s – Free
- Keep Friends – Free
- D&D Regimental Association/Serving Members of The Rifles – Free
Prices and opening hours correct as at December 2017.
Before you start your journey to The Keep Military Museum for your day out, we recommend that you check their website or contact them to confirm opening times and admission prices.