Address: The Observatory Science Centre, Herstmonceux, Hailsham, East Sussex, BN27 1RN
Phone Number: 01323 832731
Opening Hours: Current opening times.
The Observatory Science Centre is a science museum and observatory near Herstmonceux village in East Sussex.
Set within the Herstmonceux Castle estate this attraction has historic telescopes to see plus more than a 100 interactive hands-on science exhibits both indoor and outdoors. The outdoor exhibit areas include the Discovery park science playground, Water planet and Sound dishes. Indoors exhibit topics are the Earth, Forces, Light and Colours and a number of Astronomy exhibits including one about the history of the observatory. Outdoor exhibits may not be available during Winter months.
- Free car parking.
- Gift shop with science-related gifts, toys, books and souvenirs.
- Cafe serving home-made soup, light lunches, daily specials, home made cakes and drinks.
- Picnics welcome.
- Open every day from Saturday 28th January to Sunday 3rd December 2017
- Plus 2017 January weekend: 21st / 22nd
- Plus 2017 December weekend: 9th / 10th
- January / February / March and October / November / December: 10am – 5pm
- April / May / June / July / August / September 10am – 6pm
- Last admission 2 hours before closing
Ticket Prices (without gift aid):
- Adult – £8.25
- Child (4-16 yrs) – £6.25
- Senior – £6.60
- Family of 4 (Maximum 2 Adults ) – £25.70
- Family of 5 (Maximum 2 Adults ) – £29.30
Prices and opening hours correct as at January 2017.
Before you start your journey to The Observatory Science Centre for your day out, we recommend that you check their website or contact them to confirm opening times and admission prices.