Address: The Rum Story, Lowther Street, Whitehaven, Cumbria, CA28 7DN
Phone Number: 01946 592933
Opening Hours: Current opening times.
The Rum Story is an indoor attraction, developed as part of a £11.5M tourism project to renovate Whitehaven, a Georgian village located in the Western Lake District. The attraction tells the history of rum, with it’s roots set in the Caribbean, it’s connection to the slave trade and smuggling and about the process of rum making. The story of the Jefferson family who lived in Whitehaven and made Jefferson’s Rum is also featured. Part of the exhibit features the Jefferson’s Victorian office virtually untouched since Victorian times.
- A particularly attractive part of the attraction is it’s glass-covered courtyard next to the courtyard cafe which serves hot and cold light snacks.
- Gift shop which sells gifts plus Jefferson’s Dark Rum and a selection of wines.
- Daily: 10am – 4:30pm
- Last admission 3:30pm for general public, 2:00pm for guided tours.
- Opening hours can vary at certain times so please check before travelling.
- Adults – £5.95
- Concessions – £4.95
- Child – £3.95
- Family ticket (2 adults and 2 children) – £16.45
- Group Rate – Adults £4.00, Children £3.00
- Guided tours by arrangement.
Prices and opening hours correct as at January 2017.
Before you start your journey to The Rum Story for your day out, we recommend that you check their website or contact them to confirm opening times and admission prices.