Address: Tintagel Castle, Bossiney Road, Tintagel, Cornwall, PL34 0HE
Phone Number: 01840 770328
Opening Hours: Current opening times.
English Heritage Membership: Access to over 400 places & kids go FREE.
Tintagel Castle is the remains of a 13th century castle and earlier settlement that is reputed to be the birthplace of King Arthur.
The site has been inhabited since late Roman times and the legend is that King Arthur was born here to King Uther Pendragon and his wife, the beautiful Igraine.
The site consists of a rugged headland surrounded by steep cliffs connected to the mainland only by a narrow strip of land located next to Tintagel village. Things to see include Merlin’s cave, the visitor centre which shows a short film about the King Arthur legend, the remains of the castle and the earlier settlement, a sheltered bay and fantastic sea views.
- Parking in the village (pay and display).
- Gift shop selling souvenirs.
- The Beach Café serves Cornish cream teas and Cornish pasties.
- Picnics welcome on grassy areas.
- Please check the Tintagel Castle website for opening hours.
Ticket Prices – Without Gift Aid:
- Member – Free
- Adult – £8.40
- Child (5-15 years) – £5.00
- Child (Under 5’s) – Free
- Concession – £7.60
- Family (2 adults and up to 3 children) – £21.80
Prices and opening hours correct as at August 2017.
Before you start your journey to Tintagel Castle for your day out, we recommend that you check their website or contact them to confirm opening times and admission prices.