Address: Tudor House and Garden, Bugle Street, St Michael’s Square, Southampton, Hampshire, SO14 2AD
Phone Number: 023 8083 4242
Opening Hours: Current opening times.
Tudor House and Garden is a historic house with garden featuring museum exhibits in Southampton city centre in Hampshire.
This timber framed house dating from the late 15th century gives an insight into life during Tudor times and some more recent times with particular relevance to Southampton. The house contains a number of exhibits and displays with many interactive elements and audiovisual presentations. There are mainly two different historical periods reflected throughout the house, the Tudor period and the Victorian era.
There are displays relating to local industries and artefacts related to Southampton’s role as a maritime port. The kitchen area features equipment that would have been used during both the Tudor and Victorian eras and there are display cases with original artefacts such as jewellery and accessories in use during the periods. Amongst the items on display are a selection of pages from a hand illustrated prayer book called the Southampton book of hours and a collection of shoes used through the ages. The ornamental knot garden is designed to reflect the Tudor period and is planted with fragrant herbs and also features a model of Southampton’s old town. Free audio tour included with entry price.
- Use nearby public car parks (charge).
- The Tudor House shop selling gifts and souvenirs.
- Tudor House Café serving sandwiches, cakes, snacks and afternoon teas.
- Tuesday to Friday: 10am – 3pm, last entry 2:30pm
- Saturday to Sunday: 10am – 5pm, last entry 4:30pm
- Closed: Mondays (except Bank Holidays 10am – 5pm)
- Adult – £5.00
- Child (5 and over) – £4.00
- Child (under 5) – Free
- Family (2 adults, 3 children) – £13.75
- Concessions (over 60s and students) – £4.00
Prices and opening hours correct as at February 2017.
Before you start your journey to Tudor House and Garden for your day out, we recommend that you check their website or contact them to confirm opening times and admission prices.