Victoria Gallery and Museum is a museum and art gallery in Liverpool city centre.
This indoor attraction is located in a Grade II listed building dating from 1892 that was constructed for use by University College, Liverpool. It has a terracotta colour Gothic exterior and attractive interiors including Italian mosaic tiled floors.
The attraction contains an art gallery and a museum displaying items from and pertaining to the 130 year history of the University. Amongst the galleries in the museum part is an exhibit about the history of the building and and it’s architecture.
There is also a collection of false teeth, fossils, historical artefacts, science exhibits and zoological specimens. The art gallery part has a number of displays of fine art including paintings, sculpture and ceramics, both modern and classical and often featuring works produced by local artists.
Free guided tours of museum exhibits on Tuesdays and Thursdays between 12:30pm and 1:30pm.
- Museum shop selling books, gifts and greetings cards.
- Use University campus car parks or other local car parks (charge).
- The Waterhouse Café serving breakfasts, lunches, cakes and beverages.
- Fully wheelchair accessible.
- Tuesday to Saturday: 10am – 5pm
- Closed Bank Holidays
- Admission to all galleries, exhibitions and most activities is free.
Prices and opening hours correct as at June 2017.
Before you start your journey to Victoria Gallery and Museum for your day out, we recommend that you check their website or contact them to confirm opening times and admission prices.