Address: Waddesdon Manor, Waddesdon, near Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, HP18 0JH
Phone Number: 01296 653226
Opening Hours: Current opening times.
National Trust Membership: FREE entry to over 500 places & free parking.
Waddesdon Manor is 19th century French chateau style country mansion with grounds, in Waddesdon between Aylesbury and Bicester in Buckinghamshire.
This French Renaissance style home built by Baron Ferdinand de Rothschild in 1874 is ornately adorned with fine 18th century furniture and more than 15,000 works of art including paintings by Gainsborough and Reynolds. Some of the rooms to view include the dining room, drawing rooms, galleries, library, morning room, smoking room, billiards room and bedrooms plus the servants areas including the kitchen, servant’s hall and domestic rooms. There are also exhibit spaces displaying both permanent and temporary exhibits including information about the Rothschild family history. Timed ticket system in operation for viewing the house.
The gardens are laid out in a Victorian style with fountains, parterre, mythological statues, rose garden, woodland walk and a bird aviary. Free land train service between areas. Woodland children’s adventure playground. You can purchase tickets to just view just the gardens or a ticket for both house and gardens.
- Free car parking.
- Free entry to house and gardens to National Trust members.
- Manor shop selling specialty food, gifts, jewellery, books and stationery.
- Wine Shop selling Rothschild wines.
- Stable shop selling toys and old-fashioned sweets.
- Plant and garden centre.
- Manor restaurant is a table service fully licensed restaurant serving breakfast, lunches and afternoon teas.
- Stables café serves hot and cold snacks and beverages
- Glasshouse Café serving hot and cold snacks, light lunches and drinks and located within Plant centre.
- Picnics welcome.
Opening Times & Ticket Prices:
- Please visit the Waddesdon Manor website for opening times and prices.
Before you start your journey to Waddesdon Manor for your day out, we recommend that you check their website or contact them to confirm opening times and admission prices.