ZSL Whipsnade Zoo is a walk-through animal attraction, the largest in the UK it covers 600-acres in the Chiltern Hills in Bedfordshire.
The zoo has over 2500 animals including big animals such as lions, hippos, giraffes, rhinos, bears, wolves, cheetahs, elephants, tigers, primates, zebras, reindeer and bison. There are daily scheduled keeper talks, feeding times, the Sealion Splash demonstration in the Sealion arena and free-flying bird demonstrations in the Bird arena (not in Winter months). The Discovery centre is an indoor tropical area with invertebrates, reptiles, spiders, snakes and amphibians and there is also a Children’s farm area with domesticated animals.
There is a free Safari bus to help you get around the park and also the Jumbo Express miniature steam train ride on selected days of the week (additional charge). Outdoor children’s adventure playground with scramble nets, slides, rope bridges, monkey bars and climbing wall. Hullabazoo Adventure Play indoor children’s play centre. Children’s parties catered for. Keeper experiences available.
- Free external car parking.
- Gift shop.
- Range of places to eat and drink including the Wild Bite Café serving hot meals and the Coffee bar serving hot and cold drinks and snacks.
- Until 6th September 2015: 10am – 6pm
- Until 24th October 2015: 10am – 5:30pm
- Until 1st November 2015: 10am – 4:30pm
- From 2nd November 2015: 10am – 4pm
- Open every day of the year except Christmas Day.
- Last admission is one hour before closing time.
- Adults – £22.70
- Children (3-15 years) – £16.35
- Children (under 3 years) – FREE
- Online family offer (2 adults + 2 children) – £64.58
- Online family offer (1 adult + 3 children) – £64.58
- Buy tickets online to save!
Before you start your journey to ZSL Whipsnade Zoo for your day out, we recommend that you check their website or contact them to confirm opening times and admission prices.