Address: Audley End House and Gardens, Off London Road, Saffron Walden, Essex, CB11 4JF
Phone Number: 01799 522842
Website: Visit the Audley End House and Gardens website.
Opening Hours & Prices: Opening times and ticket prices.
English Heritage Membership: FREE access to over 400 historic places.
Reviews: View reviews.
Nearby Attractions: View more days out nearby.
Audley End House and Gardens is a 17th century Jacobean stately home with gardens and parkland in Saffron Waldon in Essex.
Things to see in the mansion in addition to the period furniture, architecture and art work include the great hall dating from the early 17th century with ornately carved oak screen and the saloon with ornate plasterwork. There is also the Victorian Service wing with servants quarters and work areas. On event days this area will be populated with ‘servants’ going about their daily business. The Stable yard and tack house have the resident horses to see and there are regularly held riding displays.
The gardens include a parterre garden, pond garden, the Elysian garden, a cricket pitch and children’s play area and the walled organic kitchen garden with glasshouse, vinery, bothy and orchard. There is also Capability Brown landscaped parkland.
- Free car parking.
- Free entry for English Heritage members.
- Shop selling local produce, wine, beer, books, gardening items and gifts.
- Cart Yard Café serving meals, snacks and drinks.
- Servants’ Hall Tearoom serving hot and cold meals, drinks and snacks.
- Cloud Hedge Kiosk (open weekends).
- Picnic tables for your own picnic.
- Please check the Audley End House and Gardens website for opening hours.
- Member – Free
- Adult – £18.10
- Child (5 to 17 yrs) – £10.90
- Concession – £16.30
- Family (2 adults, up to 3 children) – £47.10
Prices and opening hours correct as at December 2018.
Before you start your journey to Audley End House and Gardens for your day out, we recommend that you check their website or contact them to confirm opening times and admission prices.