Address: Belsay Hall, Castle and Gardens, Belsay, Nr Morpeth, Northumberland, NE20 0DX
Phone Number: 01661 881636
Website: Visit the Belsay Hall, Castle and Gardens website.
Opening Hours & Prices: Opening times and ticket prices.
English Heritage Membership: FREE access to over 400 historic places.
Reviews: View reviews.
Nearby Attractions: View more days out nearby.
Belsay Hall, Castle and Gardens is a hall with gardens and the remains of a medieval castle, North West of Newcastle Upon Tyne in Northumberland.
An English Heritage property, the main hall is architecturally similar to an ancient Greek temple and was constructed in the early 1800’s. The hall is presented unfurnished. The remains of the medieval castle, accessed through the quarry garden, has it’s original tower plus domestic living quarters that were in use until the hall was finished.
The gardens cover 40 acres and consist of both formal and wild gardens. In the formal gardens there is a Winter Garden, a Rhododendron garden, lawn terraces, a croquet lawn, the Yew Garden and the Magnolia Terrace. The wild gardens include a wildflower meadow leading to the Quarry Gardens which has a jungle feel to it with large numbers of ferns and exotic plantings.
- Free entry for English Heritage members.
- Free car parking.
- Shop selling souvenirs, gifts, local produce, books, toy and home-wares.
- Belsay Hall Victorian tearooms serving light meals, snacks, afternoon teas and drinks.
- Picnic areas.
- Dogs allowed in grounds on a short lead.
- Please check the Belsay Hall, Castle and Gardens website for opening hours.
- Member – Free
- Adult – £9.50
- Child (5 to 17 years) – £5.70
- Concession – £8.60
- Family (2 adults, up to 3 children) – £24.70
Prices and opening hours correct as at December 2018.
Before you start your journey to Belsay Hall, Castle and Gardens for your day out, we recommend that you check their website or contact them to confirm opening times and admission prices.