Address: Blenheim Palace, Woodstock, Oxfordshire, OX20 1PP
Phone Number: 01993 810 530
Website: Visit the Blenheim Palace website.
Opening Hours & Prices: Opening times and ticket prices.
Nearby Attractions: View more days out nearby.
Blenheim Palace is a tourist attraction that comprises of the palace, built in the early 1700s, over 100 acres of formal gardens and over 2,000 acres of ‘Capability’ Brown landscaped parkland.
The palace is home to the 11th Duke and Duchess of Marlborough and Winston Churchill (grandson of the 7th Duke) was born here. Highlights of the palace are the state rooms, the Winston Churchill exhibition, the room where Winston Churchill was born, a cinema showing documentaries and films shot at Blenheim Palace and collections of portraits, tapestries, porcelain and Boulle furniture. Guided tours of the palace included in entry price running about every 20 minutes (not on Sundays or Bank Holiday Mondays).
Things to see in the gardens include the water terraces, the Italian garden, the secret garden, the rose garden, a lakeside walk, the pleasure gardens, a miniature train ride, buggy rides (charge), children’s adventure play area, a giant hedge Maze and a butterfly house. Audio tour of the gardens available for an extra fee. Tickets available for the ‘palace, park and gardens’ or just the ‘park and gardens’.
- Parking included in ticket purchase.
- Visitor Centre with gift shop.
- The Oxfordshire Craft Galley selling locally produced craft items.
- The Childrens Shop sells toys and gifts for children.
- Places to eat and drink include the Oxfordshire Pantry serving teas, coffees and snacks, the Orangery does a carvery on Sundays (booking required), the Pleasure Gardens serving hot and cold snacks, the Indian Room serving afternoon teas, the Champagne bar serving Champagnes, afternoon teas and tapas and the Water Terraces Café serves hot meals and snacks.
- Picnic areas.
- Dogs allowed on a lead in parkland.
Opening Times & Ticket Prices:
- Please check the Blenheim Palace website for opening times and prices.
Before you start your journey to Blenheim Palace for your day out, we recommend that you check their website or contact them to confirm opening times and admission prices.