Address: Bolton Castle, North Leyburn, North Yorkshire, DL8 4ET
Phone Number: 01969 623981
Website: Visit the Bolton Castle website.
Opening Hours & Prices: Opening times and ticket prices.
Reviews: View reviews.
Nearby Attractions: View more days out nearby.
Bolton Castle is a largely intact historic castle with gardens and grounds just inside the Yorkshire Dales National Park in North Yorkshire.
The medieval castle has around a third of it’s rooms fully intact and viewable including a Solar, the kitchens, a dungeon, the nursery, an armoury, the great chamber and Mary Queen of Scots’ bedroom. Visitors can also ascend to the top of one of the four towers for fabulous views of the surrounding area.
The gardens and grounds include a boar park, a walled herb garden, a vineyard, a rose garden, a bowling green and a maze. Daily scheduled activities include wild boar feeding, archery demonstrations and bird-of-prey flying displays. Guided tours available for groups when pre-booked. Falconry experience days available.
- Car parking.
- Bolton Castle Tea Room serves hot lunches, sweet treats, alcoholic beverages and hot and cold drinks.
Opening Times – 1st April to 29th October 2017:
- Daily: 10am – 5pm
Ticket Prices – Castle, Gardens and Grounds:
- Adults – £8.50
- Concessions (Over 60s’, students and children aged 5-18) – £7.00
- Family Ticket (2 adults and up to 3 concessions which must include at least 1 child) – £30.00
Ticket Prices – Gardens Only:
- Adults – £4.00
- Concessions (Over 60s’, students and children aged 5-18) – £3.00
- Family Ticket (2 adults and up to 3 concessions which must include at least 1 child) – £12.50
Prices and opening hours correct as at November 2017.
Before you start your journey to Bolton Castle for your day out, we recommend that you check their website or contact them to confirm opening times and admission prices.