Address: Brunel’s ss Great Britain, Great Western Dockyard, Bristol, BS1 6TY
Phone Number: 0117 926 0680
Website: Visit the Brunel’s ss Great Britain website.
Opening Hours & Prices: Opening times and ticket prices.
Nearby Attractions: View more days out nearby.
Brunel’s ss Great Britain is a historic ship and a museum located in Bristol’s historic harbour.
The steam ship Great Britain is a luxury passenger vessel designed by Isambard Kingdom Brunel and built and launched in Bristol in 1843. The vessel has been restored to it’s former glory and staged as if it is about to set sail. Visitors get to see the passenger and crew areas including the ship’s engine room. The Dockyard Museum tells the history of the ship with original artefacts, paintings, video presentations and interactive exhibits. Also at the attraction is the Brunel Institute which is a maritime library.
- Car parking (charge).
- Gift shop selling maritime related gifts and souvenirs.
- The Dockyard Café Bar serves light meals, snacks and drinks.
Opening Times – Brunel’s ss Great Britain:
- Open every day, except 24 and 25 Dec and the second Monday in Jan (8 Jan 2018).
- Autumn/Winter Opening (31st October 2016 – March 2017): Open 10am to 4:30pm. Last entry 3:30pm (one hour before closing)
- Spring/Summer Opening (March 2017 – October 2017): Open: 10am to 5:30pm. Last entry 4:30pm (one hour before closing).
Opening Times – Brunel Institute:
- Mondays: Closed.
- Tuesdays: 10:30am to 4:30pm (closed 26 Dec).
- Wednesdays: 10:30am to 4:30pm (closed 27 Dec).
- Thursdays: 10:30am to 5:30pm (closed 28 Dec).
- Fridays: 10:30am to 4:30pm (closed 29 Dec).
- Saturdays: Open the first two Saturdays of each month, 10:30am to 4:30pm
- Adult – £14
- Child (4 year olds and under) – FREE
- Child (5 – 17 year olds) – £8
- Student (valid student identification is required) – £11
- Senior (aged 60 and over) – £13
- Companion or assistant (accompanying a paying visitor who is disabled) – FREE
Prices and opening hours correct as at January 2017.
Before you start your journey to Brunel’s ss Great Britain for your day out, we recommend that you check their website or contact them to confirm opening times and admission prices.