Phone Number: 01604 695 200
Website: Visit the Castle Ashby Gardens website.
Opening Hours & Prices: Opening times and ticket prices.
Reviews: View reviews.
Nearby Attractions: View more days out nearby.
Map: View map.
Castle Ashby Gardens are the pleasure gardens of a historic house located between Northampton and Bedford in Northamptonshire.
This outdoor attraction forms part of the 10,000 acre estate of a 16th century castle which is the family seat of the Marquess of Northampton. Areas of the gardens include the Maltese Cross garden forming the shape of a Maltese cross and planted with silver, blue and white flowering plants, the butterfly garden with Buddleia bushes and other butterfly and insect attracting plants, the scented secret garden with lavender, roses and jasmine, the Italian gardens and a 19th century orangery with large fish pond. There's also a Fuschia house, the rainbow border and the Spring walk which leads down to the arboretum which was laid out in the 1800s featuring mature trees and shrubs next to lakes and parkland.
To interest younger visitors there is also a farmyard area with farm animals plus meerkats, rabbits, guinea pigs and ponies and there's also a children's play area.
- Car parking.
- Gardens gift shop selling gardening items, homewares, gifts, toys and souvenirs.
- Plant centre selling locally grown plants.
- Walled garden tea room serving hot and cold snacks, cakes and drinks.
- Dogs allowed on a lead in the gardens and off the lead in the arboretum.
Opening Times & Ticket Prices:
- Please visit the Castle Ashby Gardens website for opening times and prices.
Before you start your journey to Castle Ashby Gardens for your day out, we recommend that you check their website or contact them to confirm opening times and admission prices.
- Wellingborough Museum
- Abington Park Museum
- 78 Derngate
- Roobarb and Kustard Ceramics Cafe
- Northampton Museum and Art Gallery