The Centre for Life is a science themed attraction plus an ice rink in Winter in Newcastle-Upon-Tyne in Tyne and Wear.
The Life Science centre is an attraction with science related interactive exhibits and displays of photographs, sculptures and information. Some of the exhibits include Brick City an exhibition of landmarks built in Lego, Body Worlds about the human body, the Curiosity zone where visitors can conduct their own experiments and Human Life is about the origins of human evolution and about where we’re headed.
There is also a 4D motion simulator ride (sleigh ride presentation leading up to Christmas), an under 7’s area called the Young explorer’s zone and a Planetarium with a selection of daily shows. The Science theatre presents daily science-themed live shows. Workshops for school groups (additional charge). Caters for birthday parties. Tickets for just the museum or skating or both combined.
- Use Times Square car park (charge).
- Shop selling gifts, toys, books and science kits.
- Life Café serving meals (open only during weekends and school holidays).
- Times Square Cafe serving hot meals, snacks and Starbucks coffee.
- Monday to Saturday 10am – 6pm
- Sunday: 11am – 6pm
- Please check The Science Centre webssite for half term and school holidays open hours.
- The Science Centre is open every day including Bank Holidays, except Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day.
- Adults – £15
- Children (aged 5 – 17) – £10
- Children (under 4) – £3
- Concessions (OAP, student or unwaged) – £13
- Family (1 adult + 3 children OR 2 adults + 2 children) – £40
Prices and opening hours correct as at January 2017.
Before you start your journey to Centre for Life for your day out, we recommend that you check their website or contact them to confirm opening times and admission prices.