Address: Chesters Roman Fort and Museum, Chollerford, Hexham, Northumberland, NE46 4EU
Phone Number: 01434 681379
Website: Visit the Chesters Roman Fort and Museum website.
Opening Hours & Prices: Opening times and ticket prices.
English Heritage Membership: FREE access to over 400 historic places.
Reviews: View reviews.
Nearby Attractions: View more days out nearby.
Chesters Roman Fort and Museum is the remains of Roman cavalry Fort and part of Hadrian’s wall North of Hexham in Northumberland.
The site is in a countryside setting, near Northumberland National Park, overlooking the North Tyne river. The buildings that once formed part of the fort included bath and steam houses and the officer’s residences. The remains consist of foundations and parts of the walls. The Victorian Museum was built in 1890 and displays a selection of it’s collection of around 2000 Roman artefacts.
- Car parking (charge).
- Free entry for English Heritage members.
- Tearoom serving hot and cold drinks, cakes and snacks (Open April to September).
- Dogs welcome on a lead (not in museum).
- Please check the Chesters Roman Fort and Museum website for opening hours.
- Member – Free
- Adult – £7.00
- Child (5-17 years) – £4.20
- Concession – £6.30
- Family (2 adults, 3 children) – £18.20
Prices and opening hours correct as at September 2018.
Before you start your journey to Chesters Roman Fort and Museum for your day out, we recommend that you check their website or contact them to confirm opening times and admission prices.