Phone Number: 01984 640377
Website: Visit the Cleeve Abbey website.
Opening Hours & Prices: Opening times and ticket prices.
English Heritage Membership: Free entry for up to 6 children
Reviews: View Cleeve Abbey reviews.
Nearby Attractions: View more days out nearby.
Map: View map.
Cleeve Abbey is a collection of historic Cistercian abbey buildings near Washford in Somerset.
The main church building is no longer present as it was destroyed during Henry VIII's dissolution of the monasteries in the 16th century. What remains are associated cloister buildings including the refectory, gatehouse, chapter house, warming room, cloister and dormitory with some parts of the buildings dating to back to the 13th century. Some of the things to see include the wall paintings, carved wooden roofs, arched windows and decorated tiling. There is an exhibition about the history of the abbey, the life of the monks and a display of artefacts found on the site plus another about the wall paintings and tiling at the abbey with a video presentation.
- Shop selling souvenirs, gifts, snacks and ice cream.
- Vending machine in shop selling hot drinks.
- Small free car park nearby.
- Picnic benches.
- Dogs welcome on leads in grounds.
- Please check the Cleeve Abbey website for opening hours.
Ticket Prices (without gift aid):
- Member - Free
- Adult - £6.90
- Child (5 to 17 years) - £4.10
- Concession - £6.20
- Family (2 adults and up to 3 children) - £17.90
- Family (1 adult and up to 3 children) - £11.00
Prices and opening hours correct as at April 2021.
Before you start your journey to Cleeve Abbey for your day out, we recommend that you check their website or contact them to confirm opening times and admission prices.
- Tropiquaria Zoo
- Bakelite Museum
- Watchet Boat Museum
- Dunster Castle
- Dunster Museum and Doll Collection
- Butlins Minehead