Address: Corinium Museum, Park Street, Cirencester, Gloucestershire, GL7 2BX
Phone Number: 01285 655611
Website: Visit the Corinium Museum website.
Opening Hours & Prices: Opening times and ticket prices.
Reviews: View reviews.
Nearby Attractions: View more days out nearby.
Corinium Museum is a local history museum about the Cotswolds and Cirencester located in Cirencester town centre in Gloucestershire.
This indoor attraction has information pertaining to the social and archaeological history of the Cotswolds with particular interest in Cirencester. The museum’s name comes from the fact that the Roman settlement that turned into Cirencester was called Corinium.
The museum has a collection of more than 60,000 historical objects, on which to draw from, to create their exhibits. There are exhibits and displays about how Corinium came into being and what it looked like during Roman occupation and there are also exhibits about Cirencester and the Cotswolds during other eras such as during Saxon times, the Victorian era and Medieval times.
- Use town centre car parks.
- Museum Shop sells books, souvenirs, cards and locally produced gifts.
- Jack’s Cafe (adjacent to museum) is licensed and serves lunches, homemade cakes and beverages.
- April to October: Monday to Saturday 10am – 5pm, Sunday 2pm – 5pm
- November to March: Monday to Saturday 10am – 4pm, Sunday 2pm – 4pm
- Closed: 24th to 26th December 2017 and 1st January 2018
- Adults – £5.40
- Senior Citizens (age 60+) – £4.60
- Children (5 to 16) – £2.60
- Under 5’s – Free
- Students (16+) – £3.50
- Families (up to 2 adults and 5 children) – 10% discount off the adult/children charges.
Prices and opening hours correct as at December 2017.
Before you start your journey to Corinium Museum for your day out, we recommend that you check their website or contact them to confirm opening times and admission prices.