Address: Coventry Transport Museum, Millennium Place, Hales Street, Coventry, CV1 1JD
Phone Number: 024 7623 4270
Website: Visit the Coventry Transport Museum website.
Opening Hours & Prices: Opening times and ticket prices.
Nearby Attractions: View more days out nearby.
Coventry Transport Museum is a museum about the history of transport located in Coventry City Centre in the West Midlands.
Opened in 1980, this indoor attraction covers two floors and is filled with motor cars, commercial vehicles, military vehicles, buses, cycles and motorcycles plus collections of photos, memorabilia and books ranging from Victorian times through to modern day.
There are 11 galleries to explore with themes covering Motorsport, commercial vehicles, toy cars, land speed record cars, motorcycles, cycles and Coventry’s place in the manufacture of motor vehicles. In the land speed record gallery, in addition to 2 of the cars that achieved the World Land Speed record there is a simulator ride for which there is an additional charge. Other ‘star vehicles’ on display at the museum include Queen Mary’s Daimler, a Delorean DMC-12 and a mini Metro which once belonged to Lady Diana Spencer.
Guided tours for groups available for a small fee by prior arrangement.
- Use City Centre car parks (charge).
- Gift shop selling memorabilia, gifts and souvenirs.
- Esquires Coffee House serves snacks, cakes (including the Coventry godcake) and beverages.
- Free WiFi.
- Normal opening hours: Monday to Sunday (including bank holidays) 10am – 5m (last admission 4:30pm).
- Open every day of the year except 24th – 26th December and 1st January.
- Admission to the museum is FREE
Ticket Prices – 4D Land Speed Record Simulator Tickets:
- Adults – £5.00
- Under 16/Concessions – £3.50
- Groups (10 or more) – £3.50 per person
- Family Ticket (up to four people, including at least one adult and at least one child) – £15.50
Prices and opening hours correct as at March 2018.
Before you start your journey to Coventry Transport Museum for your day out, we recommend that you check their website or contact them to confirm opening times and admission prices.