Address: Creswell Crags Museum & Heritage Centre, Crags Road, Welbeck, Worksop, Nottinghamshire, S80 3LH
Phone Number: 0151 478 4393
Website: Visit the Creswell Crags website.
Opening Hours & Prices: Opening times and ticket prices.
Nearby Attractions: View more days out nearby.
Creswell Crags consist of a museum and limestone gorge with numerous caves and is designated both a Site of Special Scientific Interest and a Scheduled Ancient Monument.
At the east end of the gorge is the museum and heritage centre which contains an Ice Age Exhibition featuring over a 100 archaeological finds excavated from the area such as woolly mammoth remains and ice age stone tools.
Guided tours of two of the caves run at weekends and during Derbyshire school holidays and incur a fee. The tours are an Ice Age cave tour which explores Robin Hood cave and lasts about an hour and a Rock Art cave tour which explores Church Hole cave to show you the only Ice Age rock art in the UK dating from around 13000 years ago. You can purchase tickets for the tours individually or a ticket for both.
- Car parking (charge).
- Gift shop selling souvenirs including fossils and minerals.
- Coffee shop selling sandwiches, paninis plus teas and coffees.
- Dogs welcome on leads.
- Picnic area in Crags meadow.
- November, December, January: Weekends and Bank Holidays: 10am – 4:30pm
- Closed Christmas Eve and Christmas Day
- February: Every day 10am – 4:30pm
- March to September: Every day 10am – 5:30pm
- October: Every day 10am – 4:30pm
- No charge to visit Creswell Crags site or to walk around the lake and gorge.
- Exhibition Entry: £3 adults, £2 concessions, Free children.
- Ice Age Cave Tour (including Exhibition Entry): £9.00 adults, £7.50 concessions, £6.00 children.
- Rock Art Cave Tour (March to September only, including Exhibition Entry): £9.00 adults, £7.50 concessions, £6 children.
- Family ticket (2 adults and 2 children) £25.50 per tour, or £38.25 for both tours (combined ticket).
- Children under 5 years may not be permitted on cave tours for health and safety reasons.
Prices and opening hours correct as at March 2018.
Before you start your journey to Creswell Crags for your day out, we recommend that you check their website or contact them to confirm opening times and admission prices.