Address: Our Dynamic Earth, 112 Holyrood, Edinburgh, EH8 8AS
Phone Number: 0131 550 7800
Website: Visit the Dynamic Earth website.
Opening Hours & Prices: Opening times and ticket prices.
Reviews: View reviews.
Nearby Attractions: View more days out nearby.
Our Dynamic Earth is an environmental science and geology attraction located in Edinburgh city centre near the Scottish Parliament building.
The attraction consists of a sequence of galleries featuring interactive displays with sounds, smells and movement explaining how the earth was created and how it has evolved since. The galleries are: The state of the Earth, the Time Machine, How it all Started, Restless Earth, Shaping the Surface, Casualties and Survivors, Human Animal, Environmental Dynamic, Oceans, Yellow Submarine, Polar Extremes, Adventure (stereoscopic 3D film with special effects.) and Tropical Rainforest.
After the galleries you can optionally see one of the immersive 360 degree Show Dome films for which there is an extra cost. There is also a children’s play area for under 10’s in the café. Caters for children’s birthday parties.
- Car parking (charge).
- Natural Selection Gift Shop sells souvenirs.
- Food Chain Café serves traditional hot meals, snacks and beverages.
- 26th March to 4th November 2018: 10am – 5:30pm, 7 Days
- 5th November to March 2019: 10am – 5:30pm, Wed to Sun
- July and August: 10am – 6pm, 7 Days
- Last entry is an hour and a half before closing.
- Throughout the year seasonal variations do apply to their opening times.
- Adult (16+) – £15.50
- Child (4-15) – £9.75
- Concession (Over 60 / Student) – £13.50
Prices and opening hours correct as at June 2018.
Before you start your journey to Dynamic Earth for your day out, we recommend that you check their website or contact them to confirm opening times and admission prices.