Phone Number: 01492 577877
Website: Visit the Great Orme Tramway website.
Opening Hours & Prices: Opening times and ticket prices.
Reviews: View Great Orme Tramway reviews.
Nearby Attractions: View more days out nearby.
Map: View map.
Great Orme Tramway runs tram journeys between Great Orme Country Park and Llandudno in North Wales.
The tram-line runs from Victoria Station in Llandudno to the Summit Complex of Great Orme Country Park and is over a 110 years old. It operates using a funicular system, running on public roads, with two cable-hauled traditional style trams, running in opposite directions simultaneously. The trams reach a sedately maximum speed of 4mph and run approximately every 20 minutes. At the mid point is the Halfway Station with it's viewable winding gear and an exhibition on the history of the Tramway. Large outdoor playground at the Summit Complex.
- Use town car parks at Llandudno end, car park at Great Orme Country Park end.
- Places to eat, drink and shop in Llandudno and in the visitor centre at Great Orme Country Park.
- Picnic areas at the Great Orme Country Park end.
- Well behaved dogs on leads welcome.
- Please check the tramway is open before visiting.
- Late March to late October.
- 7 days a week.
- 10am to 6pm (close at 5pm during March and October).
- Adults - £8.10
- Children (3 to 16) - £5.60
Prices and opening hours correct as at May 2021.
Before you start your journey to Great Orme Tramway for your day out, we recommend that you check their website or contact them to confirm opening times and admission prices.
- Home Front Experience
- Aberconwy House
- Conwy Suspension Bridge
- Bodnant Garden
- Penrhyn Castle
- SeaQuarium Rhyl