Address: Jane Austen’s House Museum, Chawton, Alton, Hampshire, GU34 1SD
Phone Number: 01420 83262
Website: Visit the Jane Austen’s House Museum website.
Opening Hours & Prices: Opening times and ticket prices.
Reviews: View reviews.
Nearby Attractions: View more days out nearby.
Jane Austen’s House Museum is a museum about the life and works of author Jane Austen situated in the village of Chawton in Hampshire.
This 17th century house is where the author Jane Austen lived for the last eight years of her life. The house is decorated in keeping with the period of her life and features original artefacts, clothing and personal items from the writer’s life. Some of the items on display that belonged to her include books, letters, jewellery and furniture. The house also features a tranquil garden. Audio trail available.
- Use village car parks.
- Shop selling books and souvenirs.
- Refreshments available in the village.
- Open 7 days a week, according to the following seasonal hours.
- February to May: 10:30am – 4:30pm
- June to August: 10am – 5pm
- September to December: 10:30 – 4:30pm
- 24th, 25th, 26th December and January: Closed
- Adults – £8.50
- Seniors – £7.50
- Students – £6.50
- Disabled (carer free entry) and Job Seekers – £3.00
- Children (6-16 incl) / Disabled – £4.00
- Family Ticket (2 adults & up to 3 children) – £2
Prices and opening hours correct as at March 2018.
Before you start your journey to Jane Austen’s House Museum for your day out, we recommend that you check their website or contact them to confirm opening times and admission prices.