Address: Mother Shipton’s Cave, Prophecy Lodge, High Bridge, Knaresborough, North Yorkshire, HG5 8DD
Phone Number: 01423 864600
Website: Visit the Mother Shipton’s Cave website.
Opening Hours & Prices: Opening times and ticket prices.
Reviews: View reviews.
Nearby Attractions: View more days out nearby.
Mother Shipton’s Cave is a scenic area alongside the River Nidd, with associations to the seer Mother Shipton, in Knaresborough in North Yorkshire.
Mother Shipton was an infamous prophet and witch born in Knaresborough in 1488, as Ursula Sontheil. This 12 acre riverside site has locations associated to her as well as a museum about her and her predictions. The Petrifying well, (more like a waterfall than a well) is the only one of it’s kind in the UK and is believed to have healing powers. It also encases any item left in it, for a few months, in stone. There is also the Petrifying well spring to see, a wishing well, the cave where Mother Shipton was supposedly born and the Historia museum. There is also a children’s outdoor play area.
- Car parking (charge).
- Gift shop selling objects petrified in the well, minerals, gifts and souvenirs.
- Refreshments available.
- Picnic areas.
- Dogs welcome on a lead.
- From 26th March 2018 they are open EVERY DAY until 4th November 2018.
- Monday to Friday: 10am – 4:30pm
- Saturday and Sunday: 10am – 5:30pm
- Last admission one hour before closing.
- During May Half Term and Summer Holidays the park opens later every day until 5:30pm
- Adult – £7.00
- Senior Citizens (60+) – £6.00
- Children (3-15) – £5.00
- Children (under 3) – FREE
- Family – £22.00 (2 adults and 2 children 3-15 years, or 1 adult and 3 children; additional children £4.00 each to a maximum of 3).
- Disabled (Adult) – £5.00
- Disabled (Child) – £4.00
- All Day Parking – £2.00 (in addition to admission only).
Prices and opening hours correct as at September 2018.
Before you start your journey to Mother Shipton’s Cave for your day out, we recommend that you check their website or contact them to confirm opening times and admission prices.