Address: Muncaster Castle, Ravenglass, Cumbria, CA18 1RQ
Phone Number: 01229 717 614
Website: Visit the Muncaster Castle and Gardens website.
Opening Hours & Prices: Opening times and ticket prices.
Nearby Attractions: View more days out nearby.
Muncaster Castle and Gardens is home to Muncaster Castle a historic haunted castle, a renowned Owl Centre and more than 70 acres of gardens. The Castle has been in the Pennington family since 1208 and is open for viewing all week apart from most Saturdays.
The World Owl Centre, headquarters of the World Owl Trust, has more than 200 birds of prey and 40 different types of owl. Meet the Birds show and Heron Happy Hour occur daily.
The 70 acres of gardens includes features such as Bluebell wood, Himalayan garden, Dragonfly pond and a wildflower meadow and is also home to one of Europe’s largest collections of Rhododendrons. The grounds also contain 12th Century church with fascinating stained glass windows.
- Children have the Indoor MeadowVole Maze and a playground to keep them amused.
- Creeping Kate’s cafe serves full meals and snacks.
- There is also a gift shop and plant sales.
- Free Car Parking.
- Please check the Muncaster Castle and Gardens website for opening hours.
- Full season (25 Mar tot 31 Oct 2018) Castle, Gardens, Hawk & Owl Centre & Maze – Adult £14.50, Children £7.30, Under 5 Free
- Full season (25 Mar to 31 Oct 2018) Gardens, Hawk & Owl Centre & Maze – Adult £11.50, Children £5.80, Under 5 Free
- Muncaster Festival & Halloween Week (27-29 May 2018 & 23-28 Oct 2018) Castle, Gardens, Hawk & Owl Centre & Maze – Adult £15.50, Children £7.80, Under 5 Free
- Muncaster Festival & Halloween Week (27-29 May & 23-28 Oct 2018) Gardens, Hawk & Owl Centre & Maze – Adult £12.50, Children £6.30, Under 5 Free
- Winter season 2018 (1 Nov-23 Dec 2018) Gardens, Hawk & Owl Centre & Maze – Adult £7.00, Children £3.50, Under 5 Free
- Early season 2019 (9 Feb-22 Mar 2019) Gardens, Hawk & Owl Centre & Maze – Adult £7.00, Children £3.50, Under 5 Free
Prices and opening hours correct as at June 2018.
Before you start your journey to Muncaster Castle and Gardens for your day out, we recommend that you check their website or contact them to confirm opening times and admission prices.