Phone Number: 01562 69028
Website: Visit the Museum of Carpet website.
Opening Hours & Prices: Opening times and ticket prices.
Reviews: View reviews.
Nearby Attractions: View more days out nearby.
Map: View map.
The Museum of Carpet is a museum about the history of carpet making in Kidderminster in Worcestershire.
Kidderminster has a long history of carpet manufacturing, which started in the late 1700s, and this museum examines that history. The museum has a number of galleries with exhibits and displays featuring hands-on activities, demonstrations, videos, audio dramas, historic working machinery, artefacts, documents, carpet designs, carpet samples and photographs. There’s information about the factories, the lives of the workers and the manufacturing methods. There are also regular talks workshops, tours, events and workshops held throughout the year.
- Use nearby car parks.
- Museum shop selling souvenirs and hand-crafted gifts.
- Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday & Saturday: 10am – 1:30pm
- Sundays, Mondays (including Bank Holidays) & Fridays: Closed
- School holidays: 10am – 3pm
- Adults - £4.50
- Concessions - £3.50
- Children (5-18 years) - £2.00
- Family (2 adults and up to 4 children) - £10.00
- Children (under 5) - Free
- Carers - Free
Prices and opening hours correct as at October 2018.
Before you start your journey to the Museum of Carpet for your day out, we recommend that you check their website or contact them to confirm opening times and admission prices.
- West Midlands Safari and Leisure Park
- Bewdley Museum
- Treasure Island Stourport
- Arley Arboretum
- Go Ape Wyre Forest