Address: Museum of Transport Greater Manchester, Boyle Street, Cheetham, Manchester, M8 8UW
Phone Number: 0161 205 2122
Website: Visit the Museum of Transport Greater Manchester website.
Opening Hours & Prices: Opening times and ticket prices.
Nearby Attractions: View more days out nearby.
The Museum of Transport Greater Manchester is a museum about the history of public road transport located in the Cheetham Hill area of Manchester.
The museum features one of Britain’s largest collections trams, buses and coaches set over two halls and located inside an old Grade II listed bus garage. The collection of around ninety vehicles on display range from a Victorian horse drawn bus through to modern day trams. Most of the vehicles have been fully restored to working order and all have information boards displayed with them about their history and usage.
There’s also an original coach trip booking office frontage complete with posters and pamphlets and the bus garage offices with original furniture and equipment. There are also a lot of other items of public transport memorabilia on display including ticket machines, uniforms, bus stops, photographs and timetables. The Tea room is also themed around the 1950s with period furnishing, tableware and décor. Special Event Weekends occur throughout the year where some of the buses are in service, to ferry visitors to and from Manchester Victoria rail station.
- Limited free street parking
- Museum shop sells gifts, souvenirs, models and books.
- Tea room serving light refreshments.
- Open: Wednesday, Saturday, Sunday and Bank Holidays. From 10am to 4.30pm
- Open: Every day in August.
- Closed: Christmas to New Year inclusive (from Christmas Eve to the New Year’s Day Bank Holiday inclusive).
- Adults (16 and older) – £4.00
- Children under the age of 16 (must be accompanied by an adult) – Free
- Over 60s – £2.00
- Students – £2.00
- Registered disabled – Free
Prices and opening hours correct as at February 2017.
Before you start your journey to Museum of Transport Greater Manchester for your day out, we recommend that you check their website or contact them to confirm opening times and admission prices.