Address: Okehampton Castle, Castle Lodge, Okehampton, Devon, EX20 1JA
Phone Number: 01837 52844
Website: Visit the Okehampton Castle website.
Opening Hours & Prices: Opening times and ticket prices.
English Heritage Membership: FREE access to over 400 historic places.
Reviews: View reviews.
Nearby Attractions: View more days out nearby.
Okehampton Castle in Oakhampton, Devon is the remains of a large motte and bailey castle and a later residence.
The original castle was constructed during the 11th century and was converted to a residence and hunting lodge in the 14th century by the then Earl of Devon, Hugh Courtenay. The building began to fall into decay during the reign of Henry the VIII when the castle was confiscated from the Courtenay family. Free audio tour on available on request. Grounds include woodland, fields and the river Okement.
- Car parking.
- Free entry for English Heritage members.
- Shop selling souvenirs, toys and local produce.
- Small shop selling snacks and cold drinks.
- Vending machine dispensing hot drinks.
- Picnics welcome.
- Dogs welcome on a lead.
- Please check the Okehampton Castle website for opening hours.
- Member – Free
- Adult – £5.20
- Child (5 to 17 years) – £3.10
- Concession – £4.70
- Family (2 adults, up to 3 children) – £13.50
Prices and opening hours correct as at January 2019.
Before you start your journey to Okehampton Castle for your day out, we recommend that you check their website or contact them to confirm opening times and admission prices.